The Tourism Task Force was established to help facilitate Sitka's transition to long-term tourism management. The Task Force shall have five main directives to explore and make recommendations on:
1. Levels of tourism in Sitka
2. Annual review cycle of CBS operations and tourism funding
3. Assisting in the development of a Tourism Management Best Practices (TMBP) program
4. Land use regulations and waterfront development policies
5. Regional strategies to advance Sitka's interest regarding cruise tourism
The Tourism Task Force shall make final recommendations to the Assembly no later than April 30, 2024.
Download the Tourism Task Force member roster here.
Meeting Agenda and PacketsTuesday, May 16, 2023
Wednesday, November 1, 2023