Job Title: Airport Terminal Manager
Salary range: $55,328.00 to $65,728.00 DOE
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full Time
The Airport Terminal Manager will oversee, plan, and direct all aspects of the airport business, security, and facilities to ensure the safety and efficiency of day-to-day activities of the City and Borough Sitka (CBS) terminal facility in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies. This position reports to the Public Works Director. The primary worksite is the CBS airport terminal building.
PERS Defined Contribution Retirement
SBS Annuities program ‐ 6.13% match
Employer Paid Life Insurance (employee and dependents)
Medical Dental Vision (90%/10% employer/employee paid) (employee and dependents)
Annual Leave & Sick Leave
Eligible for 457 Retirement Plans with Empower, ICMA-RC and Waddell & Reed
Eligible for Supplemental Insurance Plans with USAble, AFLAC, American Fidelity and State of Alaska
• Oversees contractors, ensuring that each is successfully executing its required operational functions, goals, and objectives.
• Works with airline representatives, government officials, and other stakeholders to develop lease agreements, facilities, operating rules, and procedures for the CBS terminal facility.
• Implements, updates, and develops airport policies and procedures. Recommends additions and changes to those policies and procedures as needed.
• Ensures that proper and adequate training is provided on operating rules, safety standards, and emergency procedures for all staff and contractors as appropriate.
• Maintains awareness of current trends, rules, and regulations.
• Collaborates with accounting and other pertinent staff to prepare and monitor budgets and expenditures.
• Negotiates leases and subcontracts facilities for airlines, car rental agencies, restaurants, and other shop owners.
• Reviews inspection reports and creates long-term projections of resources, maintenance, and development needs to ensure continued efficiency in the event of increased travel volume.
• Participates in noise abatement projects and related safety and environmental impact studies.
• Complies with all lease requirements of the State of Alaska lease and ensures all subleases area in compliance with CBS requirements.
• Represents the CBS terminal in interactions with government agencies and community and civic groups.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
• FAA pilot’s or A&P rating is highly desirable.
• Project management experience is preferred.
• Experience leading diverse teams of represented and non-represented employees.