Job Title: Temporary Recreation Building/Facilities Attendant
Salary range: $19.19 - $20.18
Department: Public Works
Start date: 11-30-2022
Performs duties to support the operation of CBS Community Recreation Program, monitoring activities and facilities.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to maintain a clean and safe environment for the various recreational and related activities at schools and CBS facilities. This includes monitoring and locking up facilities in compliance with school and city policies and procedures. The nature of this work requires an employee to build and maintain positive and effective relationships with other city employees, school staff, students, and the public. Communication with the public will take place in person, on the telephone and online as needed. Duties of this position, while primarily in an indoor setting, may include monitoring sports and other activities in an outdoor setting which may include adverse weather conditions. Due to the nature of the work this position will require the employee to work a part time nonstandard schedule, primarily evening and weekend hours.
- Assists in the scheduling of public recreational facilities and school facilities as needed.
- Works directly with the public to process registrations and permits for activities and facility use requests.
- Monitors facilities in compliance with CBS and school policies to insure a safe, secure, and positive environment.
- This position is responsible for collecting user fees, which will include handling incoming money in person and coordinating reconciliation with the Treasury Office
- Duties include setting up equipment such as volleyball nets and standards, basketball, soccer, roller-skates and other equipment.
- This position is responsible for monitoring activities and ensuring that equipment being used is in safe working condition.
- Keeps coworkers and supervisor fully and accurately informed regarding work progress including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such.
- Will assist with online registration and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision or required by the job.
- Ability to communicate in an effective positive manner with the public, students, community members, CBS, and school staff both orally and in written communications.
- Ability to provide customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to follow instructions with a close attention to detail.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities under pressure.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to use a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office 365, programs for scheduling and registration, and other applications as needed.
- Ability to collect user fees, and knowledge of proper cash handling procedures.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions for room setup to make sure that classrooms are returned to the original state at the completion of activities or meetings.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions for securing and lockup of school and CBS facilities and timely reporting of maintenance needs.
- Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports, including incident and facility security records.
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years of dealing with the public in a customer service setting preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with the operation of recreational facilities preferred.
- Certification in first aid and CPR is required or should be completed within 30 days of hire.
- Training in child abuse safety and mandatory reporting within 30 days of hire.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to perform assigned tasks.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to prepare reports in hardcopy and electronic form.
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment and visit various recreational sites throughout the City and Borough.