Parks & Recreation
Welcome to the City's Parks and Recreation web page. On this page, you will find information about Parks and Recreation facilities and outdoor recreation in Sitka. CBS tree and landscape information is also included.
To preserve the quality of life in Sitka by maintaining and expanding recreational opportunities for residents and visitors.
Register for Parks and Recreation summer programming at recreationatcityofsitka.com
Introduction to Rock Climbing Camp
Fly the Sky -- Intro to Aviation Camp
Summer Youth Running Club
Summer Music Series
Summer Tongass Tumblers and Preschool in Motion
Parks and Recreation Fee Waiver Scholarship
Sitka Summer Programming Calendar
City League Sports - Contact 907-747-4031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The '23 City League Volleyball season has come to a close. Registration for the '24 season will open in the spring.
- The '22-'23 City League Basketball season has come to a close. Registration for the '23-'24 season will open in the fall.
CBS SSD Facilities Use Requests
An Introduction to CBS Parks and Recreation Areas
Tom Young Cabin
- 90 Day Out Guide-Tom Young Cabin 2023 excel.pdf
- Cabin Info Sheet 2021.pdf
- Online Availability Calendar to check which dates are available.
- The Tom Young Memorial Cabin is available for public use. Reservations must be made in person at City Hall between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri at the City and Borough of Sitka's Public Works Office, 100 Lincoln Street, Room 201, (2nd Floor), Sitka, Alaska. Staff will be available to help. The rate is $50 + applicable tax(s) per night. 3 nights max reservation per customer. Reservations can be made up to ninety (90) days in advance. To see what day the 90 days out is, see the 90 Day Out Guide-Tom Young Cabin above. The date on the right will be the date you want, the date on the left will be the date you can come to the Public Works to rent it. If the date you can rent it falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, you will need to come in on the following work day.
- For more information on the cabin, see the Cabin Info Sheet 2021.pdf above.
Picnic Shelter & Special Event Reservations - Reservations must be made in person at City Hall between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri at the City and Borough of Sitka's Public Works Office, 100 Lincoln Street, Room 201, (2nd Floor), Sitka, Alaska. Staff will be available to help.
CBS Athletic Field Calendars
CBS Athletic Field Forms
Athletic Fields Maps
Commercial Land Use Forms
Tree and Landscape Committee & Tree Planting Information
Parks and Recreation Links
Tree and Planting Information and Resources