Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Manage the planning, design and construction of roads, utilities, buildings and harbor projects:
- Plan, organize and manage implementation of capital projects within the City and Borough of Sitka.
- Manage and implement Water, Wastewater, Stormwater, Roads & Harbor Master Plans.
- Review plans, inspect and approve private subdivision development.
- Issue permits for new water & sewer services, driveways, and encroachments.
- Review and approve traffic control plans for work within municipal right-of-way.
- Coordinate Public Works GIS database and mapping.
- Pursue funding for various Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs).
- Prepare grant and loan applications for Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, Alaska Energy Authority, Legislative Requests, State of Alaska Harbor Matching Grant, etc.
- Respond to public inquiries/concerns regarding drainage and right-of-way issues.
- Support PW Building Division with grading, retaining wall, and geotechnical report review and inspections.
- General engineering support for other City departments and PW divisions.
Contractor Resources - Click Here