The mission of the City and Borough of Sitka Public Works Department is to provide, control, and maintain reliable and cost-effective public works facilities and systems in a manner that emphasizes customer satisfaction, public service, and the long-term best interest of the community.
"The Department will strive to enhance Sitka's quality of life, and through sound management, innovation, teamwork and vision, provide dependable, high quality, responsive public works and utilities services, consistent with community values and at reasonable costs to Sitka's citizens, businesses, institutions, and visitors."
Tom Young Cabin
Information on Disposal Location
* Information on what location to dispose of items - CBS Disposal Locations and Rates 2021.pdf
* Overburden Waste Location Map - PSA-OverburdenWasteDisposal.pdf
* Online Citizen Complaint/Question form. When you click on the following link, it will take you to a drop-down menu for topics, and fields to enter basic information. When the customer clicks "submit request", an email work order is automatically generated that goes to the city staff member associated with that request category. New Citizen Web Request Form
Information on Public Works
* Current Public Works Project Progress Report - 2021 PW Assembly Update - 10 October.pdf
* Interested in which projects the Public Works is working on - Public Works Projects
FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) update
2010/2019 map comparison:
The Public Works Department has created an interactive map that exhibits changes from the currently adopted 2010 FIRM when compared to the updated 2019 FIRM, this interactive map is accessible at this link: FEMA Flood Map Comparison
Tips for using this interactive map:
Call (907)747-1804 for assistance utilizing this map, if needed.